Sunday, July 1, 2018

LONG TIME, NO BLOG

Apparently, life got busy. I got married, helped make another human, and recently had to deal with some minor health issues. Soooo, here's the 1st of several announcements that I'll be posting over the next couple of weeks.

 I can't believe it's been 7 years since these figures debuted. There were a couple minor issues that bugged me about the packaging, so I finally got around to fixing them.


 On the left is the new packaging and on the right is the old one. Like I mentioned, I was never completely happy with the packaging. It was a bit too small, so the hands and feet made it bulge out a bit. It opened from the sides which made it easier to bulge and deform, and it was glossy. Booourns.


So, this is a bit of a refresh for the Large 10-Doh! figures, which is long over due. The factory that produced these figures did a great job for the most part. Unfortunately, some labels were poorly applied, which was really annoying.


  The other issue was that they continually mismatched the hands and feet. This has been such a pain. It's not like they made more lefts than rights, they were just careless. I estimate the mismatch rate could be as high as 20%. It's also been expensive to send out a replacement hand or foot to the customers that got a duplicate part.

Now, I have stacks of these new pretty non-shiny boxes, and it will be a long so process to swap them out and fix all the mismatches. Fun times ahead. Woohoo!

Of course, I didn't have to put more money into an old product. Buuuut, I have to double check all the hands and feet anyway. I figured that updating the packaging would differentiate the figures that are good to sell, and it might help me sleep better at night. Ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment